Saturday, March 17, 2012

Orla Kiely Collaboration




I love when designers do collaborations. One of the recent ones I've read about is Orla Kiely's collaboration with Uniqlo. I have to admit I had never heard of Uniqlo until we went to New York City back in September and they had just opened their flagship store. It's a store out of Japan that is comparable to the Gap here in the United States. She is also working on a new bedding collection with Bed Bath and Beyond that should hit stores in May.

I've always liked Orla Kiely's prints and I'm in love with some of her bags.






All bag images via Orla Kiely website


Sadly, she didn't do any bags for her line with Uniqlo. I really wish she had. I'm not totally in love with the Uniqlo Orla Kiely line. It's just a bunch of T-shirts and a few button downs. I do like the scarves, I would definitely wear some of the scarves.




I'm just hoping the Bed, Bath and Beyond bedding line is better. Here's a photo from Apartment Therapy.


Hopefully she'll use colors in her bedding line like the wallpaper in her NYC store and some of the fun prints from her bags.



Image via Orla Kiely

No comments: